The term “E-learning” is applied to the use of electronic media along with information and communication technologies for educational purposes. As a matter of fact, E-learning is a necessity in today’s globalized and fast-paced era since it helps people to effectively manage their time, occupation, budget, and family life. With “best-quality higher education for everyone” as its slogan, E-learning is also one of the best strategies to realize social justice in the field of education. Moreover, the use of cutting-edge technologies and incorporation of their advantages into traditional methods of education are becoming increasingly popular.
In this regard the E-Learning Center of University of Sistan and Baluchestan aims at promoting the efficiency and efficacy of higher education through the use of information and communications technology within the university’s in-person courses. This center was established in 2008 and has been attracting graduate students ever since, offering them absolute electronic learning. The e-learning courses are held as long-distance-learning classes, and the program does not require the students to be physically present at the college, except for the final-term exams which are held in-person at the University of Sistan and Baluchestan.
One of the advantages of e-learning is that it enables the learners to break geographical boundaries and go beyond borders; therefore, this E-Learning Center is going to admit international Persian-speaking students in 2019 in order to establish the grounds for cultural, educational, and social exchanges amongst diverse societies.
The goals of this center include:
- Meeting the demands on the society’s ever-growing need for higher education by increasing admission capacity in different degrees and various disciplines
- Improving and expanding the existing university disciplines and sub-disciplines by presenting them at an electronic environment
- Creating a favorable context for a more accessible higher education and overcoming spatial and temporal restrictions
- Admitting international students in electronic courses - a position suitable for applicants who are not able to attend classes in person
- Providing all students with experienced lecturers regardless of spatial and temporal restrictions
- Providing higher education opportunities for all social classes and for applicants who cannot benefit from the advantages of traditional educational systems for various reasons
- Promoting and improving the quality of education through the use of cutting-edge educational technologies alongside traditional educational strategies
- Collaborating with other departments of the University such as the Center for Growth, Science and Technology Park, and the Entrepreneurship Center in holding the necessary training courses for enthusiasts
- Conducting electronic-based examinations in some courses