Nanotechnology Research Institute was established in 2007, to align with the strategic mission on the nanotechnology development on the south east of the Islamic Republic of Iran. The topics of the institute research activities and visions are as follows:
- Responding to the local national industries research needs,
- Supply, installation and delivery of High-Tec laboratory services,
- Training graduate Students in nanotechnology,
- Organizing the short term courses and workshops in nanotechnology, and
- Effective collaboration with the governmental laboratory strategic networks and other national and international Nano centers.
Nanotechnology Research institute relationships between other institutions and organizations in nanotechnology were launched in 2008. The institute is Member of the Laboratory Networks of I.R.Iran. It has scientific collaboration with the Iran Nanotechnology Initiative Council (INIC), and institute is stablishing a close contact with local and national industrial centers and companies in research development activities.
A graduate program was stblished in Nanotechnology to graduate the students in nanomaterials engineering, since 2010. Students in this field are admitted by the national entrance exams, upon graduation of the various fields of engineering and science.
Aiming to grow the human resources in nanotechnogy in south east of Iran, each year, the institute is launching a number of training workshops promoting new developments in nanoscience and technologies for students and other enthusiasts. Moreover, the institute vision is to establish a stronger link between the university and other academic and industrial centers. Among the held workshops are the followings:
- Nanotechnology and its application in medical science
- Nanotechnology and its applications in the agricultural industry
- Theoretical and practical workshops on nanotechnology and technology
- Nanotechnology applications in modern industries
- Nanotechnology applications in Oil, Gas and Petrochemical Industries
- Organizing periodical courses for students to be ready for national competitions in nanotechnologies.